Kosinski and Thiagaraj, Ltd. provides general counsel services for small businesses. Both Emily and Alison have extensive experience advising employers, and work efficiently and strategically on workplace matters big, small, long-term, and urgent. We work closely with our client’s Human Resources Department or business owners to handle all matters related to employment. We typically build lasting relationships with our small business clients and provide advice and counsel over the course of many years, learning all the ins and outs of the business.
Some of the most frequent work we handle for our small business clients are:
- Drafting and updating employee handbooks
- Advising on employee disciplinary issues, including handling dismissal of employees
- Conducting wage and hour audits to ensure compliance with California’s wage laws
- Drafting and negotiating severance agreements
- Providing advice and counsel regarding employee time off, including COVID19-related leaves
If you are looking to hire your first employee in a California office, or are ready to retain experienced employment attorneys to audit your current employment practices, the attorneys at Kosinski and Thiagaraj, Ltd. are here to help.